Mana Productions Ltd
Mana Productions Ltd was set up in 1991 with the primary purpose of launching Mana Magazine. The company has subsequently proved itself in a variety of other areas. Its areas of expertise have included:
- Mana (now published under license by Kowhai Media Ltd)
- Tangaroa magazine
- Māori Battalion booklet 2010
- Assistance in developing the Maori Battalion website
- Promotional videos and documentaries
- Television specials (including the first two Māori Sports Awards)
- Outside broadcasting and recording
- Programmes and programmettes
- Talk back and radio interviews when required
- Planning and preparation of advertising campaigns
- Placement in print, radio, television and digital
Mana has the ability to draw on a comprehensive group of writers, photographers, film & video crew and Māori graphic designers to assist with any project. We also have a close working relationship with two print houses.
Mana Productions worked with TVNZ in 2006 on a special documentary based on the 28th Māori Battalion. Filming was completed during the Battalion’s reunion held at Omapere during Easter weekend 2006 which featured prominently in Anzac Day television coverage. This documentary aired later in that year on TV One and won the Māori Television Programme of the Year award for that year.
Live commentary coverage of the funeral of the late Maori Queen, Dame Te Atairangikaahu which was watched by a world wide audience.